Nobody likes it when he is facing a problem that is a health-related issue and a problem that directly affects the appearance of a person. Many such health-related issues directly impact the personality of the suffering person and make things a lot worse. Oily skin is such a problem. It is a problem related to the skin and something that makes people more cautious about their skin and appearance, especially when they are facing people in their social life. It becomes challenging for them to ignore that problem and focus on other things. But if you are reading this post and you are also a person who is being bothered by the issue of oily skin, then you can benefit yourself from this post because we will discuss those reasons, which are the main contributing factors to your skin’s oiliness. After that, we will also discuss the suitable remedies that can be followed to get rid of the oily skin problem. However, there are many face washes with aloe vera for oily skin, which can be used and effective, but we will be recommending some other remedies also, which are easy to perform. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
Significant reasons why your skin is so greasy
Your skin becomes oilier when the sebaceous glands present in your skin layers start generating excessive oil and that oil comes out from your skin pores. According to many dermatologists, the following are the main reasons that contribute to your skin’s greasiness. These are:
- Hormones: Hormones are one of the significant reasons a person faces the problem of oily skin. There may be any hormonal imbalance in your body, resulting in more sebum creation into your skin. This leads to an oily layer on your skin. Hormonal imbalances may occur due to many things such as pregnancy, menstruation, birth control measures, diet, etc.
- Consuming too many dairy products: If you are a person who loves consuming dairy products a bit more than the standard requirement, then you will be facing more oily skin issues. Even daily consumption of dairy products of not that much amount can lead to oil-covered skin. People who are more prone to acne issues will be affected easily by even the occasional dairy consumption.
- Genetics: We know that many of our body features and personality traits are inherited from our parents, but many people don’t know that our genetics also determines our skin type. If you are genetically structured so that there are more sebaceous glands in your skin, you will have more oil creation over your skin.
- Using inappropriate moisturizer: If you think that you don’t need any moisturizer because you have oily skin, then you are wrong. Because like dry skin, oily skin also needs the regular application of the moisturizer. Moreover, if you are, despite having oily skin, using a moisturizer specifically made for dry skin, then your skin will generate more sebum, thus leading to excessively oily skin.
- Certain medications and supplements: Sometimes, people don’t even find this thing, but the OTC medications or supplements they take regularly affect their skin. For example, many studies have shown that B12 supplements may lead to acne breakouts. Thus, you always advised that you should start or stop any medication after consulting the doctor.
- Stress level: Stress is something that not only impacts you from an emotional point of view but also impacts your body adversely from the physical point of view. When a person starts having more stress levels, it triggers the level of a stress hormone known as cortisol, which in turn leads to more oil production by the sebaceous glands present in our skin. Thus, you can say that the stress level is directly related to the problem of oily skin.
- Heavy make-up: If you are a person who frequently put on heavy make-up, even for some time, then it will lead to greasier skin and other skin related issues. The reason is that make-up material usually contains many chemical products that are not good for our skin health. These kinds of chemicals lead to imbalances in our skin health, thus leading to skin issues.
- Not being hydrated: You must be thinking that not being hydrated may lead to dry skin, but how it can make your skin. According to many skin experts, when you are hydrated, your skin’s sebaceous glands generate less oil to make your skin hydrated as they don’t need it. Thus, not drinking much water can make your skin oilier than before and can make it much more extreme.
- Wrong sunscreen: Using sunscreen daily is a good thing, and you should be using it daily as it helps protect your skin from those harmful UV rays. But the thing is, if you are not using good quality or appropriate sunscreen, it may contribute to your problem of oily skin. Thus, only recommended sunscreens by the experts should be used by the people.
- Bed linen: If you have those bed sheets on your bed, which are not made with natural fibres such as linen or cotton, it may cause more irritation to your skin, thus leading to skin health imbalances, which can lead to excess oily skin.
- Weather conditions: You must have observed that your skin appears greasier in summer as compared to winters. The reason is the hot weather conditions revive the oil-producing glands in the skin. Unfortunately, we can’t control the weather conditions prevailing in a particular region or a country.
Remedies for dealing with the problem
Following are some of the remedies which can be used to deal with the problem:
- Wash your face twice a day, not more, not less.
- Blotting papers can also be used. These are specially oil-absorbing papers that are readily available in the market.
- Natural face masks like a honey face mask or clay face mask can also be used, which reduces the oil production in the skin.
- Aloe Vera is also popularly known to deal with the problem of oily skin, and it has some additional benefits for the skin.
Apart from these remedies, we also recommend using NoScars face wash with aloe Vera. This is one of the best-known face washes for skin problems available in the market. Other brands of face washes are loaded with tons of toxic chemicals. In contrast, NoScars face washes are enriched with the soothing properties of Aloe Vera, which reduces the oil production level of the sebaceous glands. Apart from dealing with an oily skin problem, it helps make skin soft and smooth and helps eliminate acne. Aloe Vera is an anti-bacterial plant that can be considered the best medicine for skin problems. Moreover, the No Scars face wash is also much more affordable than other harmful face washes available in the market.