Many women are concerned with their skin and want to ensure that it looks better in all seasons. But the harsh summer months may take a toll on the skin and give it that tan color if left uncovered while going outside. What the majority envisions while thinking about her skin in summer is glowing, firm, and smooth skin with some hint of tan, thereby providing that perfect sun-kissed look! However, summer being brutal, temperatures high, the intense humidity and heat are likely to make the oil glands become hyperactive. This only leads to the development of excessive sebum surrounding the T-zone, sunburn, premature aging signs, and itchy rashes. It is, for this reason, there will be required proper, timely, and thorough skincare regimen that can be termed to be the initial line of defense.
Valuable tips to enjoy glowing smooth skin during summer
Several beauty tips are stated to be a combination of organic skincare products and including some lifestyle tweaks in the daily routine.
- Do use sunscreen while going out: It is something that cannot be avoided throughout the summer season. It offers sun protection to the hands, face, legs, as well as other exposed body parts. Excess UV exposure on the different body parts will only damage the skin permanently and also cause fine lines, premature aging, wrinkles, and sunburns. It will be wise to invest in sunscreen or sunblock having a wide UV spectrum (minimum SPF 30). It is to be applied twice in a day on the exposed skin parts.
- Change face wash: A basic skincare regimen that should be practiced regularly is cleansing the face with a good face wash product, whatever is the season. With the climate being humid and hot in summers, the face is likely to produce large quantities of oil, the reason why there is a genuine reason to change the cleanser to suit the climate and specific body needs. Those having oily skin are likely to suffer more since their pores easily get clogged, thus promoting acne growth. It can be taken care of by using foaming cleaner having salicylic acid. Again, those having dry skin might experience the development of rashes and redness. The non-soapy face wash is to be used for cleaning the face at least twice a day. Those having combination skin are suggested the same. People with normal skin should choose gel-based face wash for the summer and wash 2-3 times a day and feel refreshed.
- Include Antioxidants to the diet: Topical application of antioxidants is not sufficient. It needs to be nourished regularly for maintaining radiant skin. During summer, healthy eating and drinking plenty of clean, pure, freshwater are recommended. Seasonal foods are to be included in the diet like citrus fruits, pineapples, fresh berries, vegetables, and seafood, as they have essential antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins to help promote collagen production as well as safeguard the skin from sun’s damaging effects.
- Include lots of antioxidants: Sunscreens, moisturizers, and serums having a good amount of antioxidants should be used. For example, the skin can be safeguarded from environmental damage with vitamin C. It also promotes collagen production. Antioxidants and natural extracts can be found in serums and creams that help reduce inflammation, something common during summers. It also helps to repair the skin and neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Avoid excess Makeup: It will be wise to apply minimal makeup during summers. The skin should be free enough to breathe if the weather prevailing is humid and super-hot. If the foundation is to be used, then tinted moisturizer having SPF is to be preferred. Avoid patchy spots by layering with face powder. Tinted lip balms having SPF should be used instead of lipsticks. Eye makeup should be simple.
- Be hydrated all the time: Water bottles should be carried along wherever the person goes as it is important to stay hydrated all the time. It will keep the skin hydrated and flush the toxins out of the body and ensure providing that refreshed feeling.
- Skin toning: During summer months, toners are to be used, as it helps to clean the skin and to make it oil-free. It reduces the development of pores. Proper attention is to be given to the T-zone when applying toner since it is part of the face, which secretes optimum oil in summer.
- Exfoliate: The skin is required to work very hard during summer to be healthy and to heal sunburn and irritation. Gentle exfoliation can help the skin and remove dead skin cells, thereby leaving the skin to glow. Homemade sugar cubes can also be used to exfoliate the skin or use a washcloth to scrub gently the skin. However, over-exfoliation is to be avoided.
- Take care of the feet: The feet are considered to be the place that is also the most ignored when it comes to taking care of this part during summer. It is necessary to have a pedicure, which can be done at home. A scrub can be used to remove dry and dead skin cells. The feet are to be moisturized and sunscreen lotion applied to them.
- Update moisturizer: It is a wrong assumption that moisturizing the skin is not necessary during the long summer month. Heavy moisturizers used during winter months can be expected to work in summer. Hence, a light moisturizer is to be used during warm weather. Lightweight and non-greasy moisturizer having SPF should be used in the daytime to help lock in essential skin moisture.
- Exercise: Excess humidity, heat, and sweat during summer should not mean avoiding exercising regularly. According to the health experts, exercising is very much important as it helps to maintain healthy skin and body during all weather and seasons. Blood flow can be improved with physical activity, meaning the skin cells can be provided with more oxygen.
One can check out no scars cream benefits and enjoy the results that it has to offer.