Troubled by acne? Well, the thing about acne is that they come and go but what they leave behind is far more dangerous – acne scars. They are quite the stubborn leftovers which take a lot of time to go away. To treat acne scars, you will have to make sure that you understand what causes scars which are very difficult to treat and more so to make them disappear. So how do you deal with this menace? How do you make sure that you can effectively tackle the acne scars?
Well, when it comes to dealing with something effectively, the first step towards it gathering knowledge about the thing as much as possible. So do you know what causes acne and what makes them leave the scars? Let’s take a look.
We all have hair follicle pores on our face. Sometimes they have hair, sometimes they don’t, but the pores are always there and it is from here that the problem starts. These pores accumulate dirt because of the secretion of sebum. Now, what is sebum? Touch the tip of your nose. Does it feel a little oily? This oily substance is sebum. This accumulates in the pores along with the various dead cells that are there on the surface of the skin. So what happens when they accumulate in the pores? The pores get blocked and they cannot breathe anymore, which does show up on the skin as blackheads or whiteheads. Now if you are a little bit more unlucky, then there is an underlying bacterium inside these pores, which occur naturally. They can go deep inside the skin which can then lead to inflammation and plop, acne is born!
This can lead to serious inflammation and this in turn harmful for the skin.
Now, if you thought that was all, hold it right there! There is more to the story. This infectious inflammation might subside with time but it can leave behind scars which can be of different types! So what are the types of acne scars that you need to be wary of?
There are mainly 5 types of scars that you need to be aware of – rolling scars, box scars, ice pick scars, hypertrophic scars, and brown marks.
- The rolling scars appear like waves on your skin surface. They make quite the mess on your face and they are found continually over the surface.
- Box scars as the name suggests are boxy in shape with vertical edges which gives it the appearance of boxes on your skin, which in turn make them look deep.
- Ice pick scars are probably the most ones that you will notice in people. These are angular and deep and looks like as if ice picks have been poked into your skin. They give the face a scarred appearance.
- Hypertrophic scars are quite ugly. More than scars they are raised bumps which of course are the most unpleasant of the lot. Having said that, very rarely are they found on the face but in other parts of the body.
So, acne scars can be quite the terror, but then how can you deal with this terror? Here are some ways through which you can prevent or effectively fight acne scars:
- First things first – try to keep acne at bay as much as possible. How can you do that? Exercise a lot and follow a proper skincare regime. You have learned that acnes are formed due to the accumulation of dead cells and sebum. Well, this is something that can be controlled if you cleanse your face properly every day. Cleanse it twice and follow an exfoliation routine at least once every seven days. This will go a long way in preventing acne or at least keeping them under check because of lesser the amount of acne, lesser the amount of scars.
- If you are indeed fighting acne scars then you should use the right product to tackle it with. If you are looking for a product that will be gentle on your skin but will fight those scars away as well then you can try no scars face cream. This will be light on your skin but being rich in ingredients, which help in lessening acne scars; this will be quite a nice option. So if you are in search of a product for all your needs, then you should try this one out.
- To fight acne scars a very good ingredient is fresh coconut water. All you have to do is get some coconut water and keep it stored in a small container. Take a cotton ball and add some coconut water to it and then dab it on the affected areas. Do this for a week and you will see it working. Continue doing it and you will not have to worry about acne scars at all. However, make sure that you change the water every 3 days. Do not store it in a plastic container; glass container should do the trick.
So, these are some of the basic tips that you can follow when it comes to fighting acne scars. They are quite troublesome and because of that, you shouldn’t let them form in the first place. Never touch an area affected by acne or pimple, let alone scratch it, even if you feel the need to. This will make matters worse and deepen the intensity of the scars which will be harder to get rid of. So the first thing would be to fight acne and even if you have them and they leave behind scars, use the right product to get rid of them. Here’s to a life free of acne scars!