Even though pimples and acne are often related to women, but it is also quite common in men. Even grown men can have it. But there are treatments, even for severe acne. As per a recent survey, it has been found that more than ten percent of men over the age of twenty-five experience acne and pimples. Male adult acne usually occurs due to the additional emission of sebum, usually caused by an augment in hormones in the sebaceous glands. When these hormones are combined with microbes, white blood cells move into the contaminated area to heal, causing a pimple.
Causes of acne in men
The most common causes of acne in men are mentioned below:
- Chemicals & toxins: These products if present in skincare products can infuriate the skin, causing irritation which may result in acne. Reddened skin is more possible to see the accumulation of white blood cells, causing pimples and acne to emerge. Therefore, you must use skin care products for men that are natural to evade this kind of inflammation.
- Stress: Stress causes an augment in the androgen hormone, which kindles your sebaceous glands to overproduce sebum. The androgen hormone is liable for developing male features. But anything in excess is not good for health. Your body needs a balance of it.
- Lifestyle: Eating unhealthy foods, consuming alcoholic beverages and consuming prescription drugs can cause acne in men.
- Too much dry skin: In case you tend to over-dry your skin to remove oil, you may get acne. Too much dry skin can cause the sebaceous glands to go into overdrive to bring the oil level of the skin back into balance. This overdrive mode creates excessive oil, filling your pores and clogging them.
Adult Acne Treatments for Men:
- The best way to treat men’s adult acne is to buy men’s facial products that are designed for your skin type. Excessive drying of the skin or excess oil can add to acne. Therefore, it is always recommended to use organic and natural skincare products for men.
- You can begin by cleansing your face with a men’s face wash which comprises of natural ingredients at least twice a day, in the morning and at night. Keep in mind that your skin needs to feel moisturized, not dry to stay in balance and prevent the growth of acne.
- After cleansing, it is recommended that you use a face scrub no more than twice a week. If you have severe acne or sensitive skin, restrict exfoliating your face to only one time per week and be very mild on the skin. Remember that massaging a face scrub into your skin fiercely can cause a rash.
Apart from this, to treat acne, no scars cream for men can be used. This cream can help to eliminate acne marks and give a glowing look to the skin.