Today’s era is when it is crucial to be presentable at almost all times, when we have to meet some people or when we have to face anyone as it impacts the impression which we are going to leave on the persons whom we are meeting. In this context, our skin can be termed as one of the most important things as it is the most visible part of our body. This is why people hate any skin problem, whether acne, pimples, blemishes, or any other problem. In this article, we will discuss such a problem, which is related to our skin and impacts its appearance. We are talking about burn scars. We will also be discussing the basic information about burn scars which should be known to every person, and the primary treatment for dealing with this problem. We will also suggest a scar burn removal cream. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
- What are burn scars?
Scars are one of the most common skin problems being faced by people. Scar tissues are made up of collagen, a rigid material manufactured by fibroblasts. These are a type of fibre-making cells responsible for rebuilding all the damaged tissues because of the injuries. When our skin has a small cut, we cannot see the collagen fibre in a small amount, which is usually formed beneath the surface of our skin. While in the case of a large wound, the gap is visible because so much fibre is needed to fill that gap. Scar tissues are stronger than normal skin tissues as they are made up of fibres. They usually don’t have hairs, blood vessels, or sweat glands, unlike the normal skin tissues. This is the reason why such scars are of different colours than the skin around them.
When the skin is burned by anything, there may be a scar left on the skin after the healing process is complete. How much the scar is visible will depend upon how the burn was. It may be very noticeable or hardly noticeable.
If a person has faced a skin graft, the donor site may also have a scar because of the graft. Usually, an immature donor site is itchy and painful. It may also be read. The mature donor sites usually become less red and less painful with time. It is easy to remove mature donor skin. But it will not like an unburned skin area, and there are no chances that it will look like it. However, it is possible to reduce the degree of scarring on that spot, as there are numerous ways of doing it, which we will discuss in this article.
The skin may get burned by accidentally touching something hot like a hot kitchen utensil or any other hot equipment while working. There may also be other reasons for skin burns, such as the sun, radiation, chemicals, or electricity. Collagen is the type of protein produced by the skin to repair itself after it has been burned. Some scars are temporary, while some may be permanent.
- Types of scars
The following are the major types of scars being caused by the burns. These are:
- Hypertrophic scars: These are the type of scars that are purple or red and may be raised. A person may feel itchiness or warmth when such scars are touched.
- Contracture scars: These are the types of scars that make the skin very tight and make it very hard for the person to move that area of skin.
- Keloid scars: These are hairless skin areas that appear very shiny and different from the skin area surrounding the scar.
- Treatments to deal with the burn scars
Some suitable treatments can be used to reduce the impact of burn scars. These are mentioned below:
- When your skin gets burned, you should first try to cover that skin area with non-stick, sterile gauze to protect that area from any infection. This will help the skin to recover from that particular burn also and will boost the healing process. This is a perfect remedy to be done when you have a second-degree burn scar.
- If you are confronted with a third-degree burn, you can use a tight and supportive cloth known as a compression garment. This can be worn over your burned area, as it will help that burned area to heal faster. The only thing to take care of is that you may need to wear that compression garment every day, for some weeks or even for some months.
- A skin graft is another thing that you can rely upon if you have faced a severe burn. Under this, healthy skin is taken from another area of the person’s body to cover the damaged skin.
- Surgery can also be opted for releasing the areas which have been tightened because of the contractures. This will help you in moving to that area again.
- Motion can be regained in the areas of the skin which have been tightened because of the contractures with the help of physical therapists. Such therapists teach many exercises to the patients so that they can regain motion in the burned area.
These were some of the remedies or steps that can be taken to reduce the impact of the burn or the burned scar. These steps are helpful even in the case of third-degree burns. In the coming section, we will be discussing a bonus tip for dealing with burn scars.
There are many scar removal creams available in the market. But one of the best among them is the No Scar burn scar removal cream. This is one of the most trusted burn scar removal products on the market. It is a pigmentation reducing cream. It contains three active ingredients as Tretinoin, Hydroquinone, and Mometasone. Together, these ingredients help provide anti-inflammatory benefits, prevent acne, and inhibit the production of melanin in the skin. While other scar removal products are costly, No scar burn scar removal cream for the face is affordable. But still, it is delivering better results as compared to those overpriced options available in the market. The Tretinoin present in the product helps increase the collagen production in the dermis or the burned skin area and helps in reducing the scarring effect on the skin with time and regular usage.
This product is a miracle for treating burn scars. The burned skin colour does not match the skin surrounding that particular scar because the colour comes from the natural skin pigment known as melanin. This product boosts the production of melanin in the areas where it is needed and makes the skin colour even in the burned areas. The results can be noticed after the initial two weeks of usage of this product.