You know blemishes or any type of rashes on your face could be uncomfortable and concerning. In case you think a rash on the face may be because of a yeast infection, the good news is that your treatment is not too serious and you can treat it. There are both home remedies and prescriptions out there that can treat a yeast infection on your face.
You can come across so many soaps, Antifungal face wash and other products that would ensure your face is smooth, soft and absolutely effective. There are good brands like No Scars that have face wash for all your skin related issues. Your face would be spotless and rashes free once you use the good quality face wash.
What do you mean by a yeast infection?
Talking about a yeast infection, it is triggered by an imbalance of Candida albicans, a kind of fungus that characteristically lives in moist areas of the body such as the genitals, mouth, and even that of skin. This condition is known as a yeast infection as Candida is a kind of yeast. Yeast infections on the skin are known as cutaneous candidiasis.
The most common causes of a yeast imbalance on the face can include:
- excessive sweating
- lack of hygiene
- licking around your mouth
- facial tissue irritation
- harsh facial products
- rough scrubbing
What are facial yeast infection symptoms?
You know yeast infections generally present as a red skin rash. Such a rash can at times appear with bumps or pustules. In case the rash is located in the centre around your mouth, you could have a condition known as oral thrush that is a yeast infection of the mouth. Moreover, you know this rash can also get accompanied by the following:
- dry skin patches
How can Yeast infection get diagnosed?
Any yeast infection can be effectively and properly diagnosed by your doctor by a yeast test. A yeast test is conducted by scraping some of your skin from the rash. The doctor then looks at the cells by making use of a microscope. If they fail to determine the cause of your rash, they might order a culture test to get done that could take days or weeks for a result.
What is the treatment of yeast infection?
You must always be careful when treating your facial rashes or skin conditions. It is because the skin on your face is absolutely sensational. You might experience reactions to medications or even that of treatments that you apply to your face even in case you do not have a reaction on other areas of your body. The most common medical treatments for yeast infections can be like:
- Antifungal lotion, mostly with tolnaftate as the active ingredient
- antifungal cream, most of the times having clotrimazole as the active ingredient
- Corticosteroid cream
- oral antifungal, often having fluconazole as the active ingredient
- Anti-fungal face washes.
Can you prevent face infections and yeast infections?
To avert future yeast infections could be as simple as conducting a better facial care regimen. You just have to be more careful about what you apply on your face and how you are guarding your face. The pollution these days is really high and it can tear your face skin apart. You have to be careful about what you are using on your face and how you are guarding your face skin.
You have to know if you are at risk of getting a fungal infection. There are a few things that could enhance your risk of having a fungal infection. These things are like sharing clothing or that of personal care products like brushes, combs and so on with an infected person. But there are individuals who are also more probable to get an infection on the basis of risk factors. People at risk include:
- Individuals who have depressed immune systems from steroids, medications, other infections or ailments.
- individuals consuming long-term antibiotics or immunosup pressant drugs
- Individuals or babies who are incontinent or fail to hold their urine (it forms a moist genital environment)
- Individuals who perspire heavily
- People who work or spend a huge time in an environment where they come across people who are at high danger, such as school teachers, nurses, hospitalized patients, students, and coaches.
Find out the skin area
You have to recognize the area of your skin thatis at risk of a fungal infection. You know there are parts of your skin that are moist are more at danger for fungal infections. It is because the fungus requires moisture to thrive these areas or parts include the areas between the toes, under your breast tissue, in the genital region (encompassing the vaginal area), and between folds of your skin.
Be careful at the public places
As fungal infections are contagious, you can catch them from exposure to skin cells that have the infection. Try to diminish your exposure to public areas where other individuals having fungal infections may have been. In case you use public locker rooms, showers, or even that of pools, wear flip flops. You should never share towels or any combs in the locker room. These things can instantly trigger an infection in you. Similarly, make sure that you never touch other individuals’ infections or share shoes.
Keep your skin dry and clean
You have to ensure that you keep your skin clean and dry. Fungi do breed in warm, moist areas such as between the toes or in your groin. By keeping your skin dry and clean, you diminish the potential for infection. There are various types of things you can do to keep dry.
- Make sure that you change your socks once daily or two times every day if you sweat extensively. Allow your bath towels air dry fully before you use them the second time.
- You have to clean and dry any skin fold areas like that of under the breast or under your stomach. Apply a drying or medicated powder to your skin folds when you are doing exercising or are going to be in a hot and sweaty environment.
- You must also alternate your shoes so these can dry completely between the times of wearing, mainly if these get sweaty. Also, make sure that you wash up your athletic supporter after every usage. These things do matter a lot.
Strengthen your immune system
It is time that you strengthen your immune system. You are a lot more probable to get a fungal infection in case you have a depressed immune system. To enhance your immune system, take a regular vitamin supplement and consider taking it periodically. Similarly, you have to ensure that you try to consume a balanced diet that is high in healthy fats and diminish your carbohydrate intake. You must also stay hydrated by consuming water. Your urine has to be very light yellow in shade. Moreover, your immune system can also benefit from eight hours of sleep every night.
Thus, for your face you can start using the best antifungal face wash of no marks and otherwise, you also keep all these points in mind that got discussed above.