Some of the leading regulatory agencies in the world are repeatedly telling that the best way to prevent pathogenic transmission or the spread of viruses, bacteria, and other germs is to maintain a good hand hygiene routine. By washing your hands regularly/using hand sanitizers to disinfect them, you will be able to destroy all the disease-causing microbes stuck onto your hands. Both hand washing and hand sanitizing can remove pathogens from your hands. However, handwashing is a tedious thing; more and more people have taken to hand sanitizing. Research demonstrates that only those sanitizers are effective that contains about 60% to 70% of alcohol. So, when people follow a good hand hygiene routine responsibly, they limit contamination prospects personally.
Are hand sanitizers helpful?
Hand sanitizers are a highly effective way to limit the spread of germs and infections in a hospital setting. Transferring microorganisms from patients to clinicians or from one patient to another can be checked with proper sanitization. While you can also deal with this problem effectively by washing your hands regularly with soap, it isn’t possible to keep doing that over and over again, especially if you shoulder a busy job. In such a scenario, a hand sanitizer proves to be the best way out. It is the most straightforward way to bid adieu to disease-causing microorganisms—prominent health organizations like WHO consider hand sanitizers the most effective way to protect germs.
Now, let’s check out some of the most important benefits of using hand sanitizers-
- The most crucial benefit that you get is proper cleanliness. Hand sanitizers are an effective way to keep your hands clean from pathogens. By using hand sanitizers at regular intervals, you ensure that your hands remain germs-free at all times. Hand sanitizers are so effective that they can remove about 99.9% of the germs present on your hands when used appropriately. The most important question that arises is- when and how often should you use hand sanitizers? Well, after you handle trash, touch animals, or prepare and eat food, you should use your hand sanitizer without a second thought. It would help if you carried a good hand sanitizer with you at all times so that you don’t feel vulnerable in any situation.
- Using a hand sanitizer to clean your hands regularly is a healthy habit that you should consistently maintain. By keeping your hands sanitized, you will feel a great sense of personal hygiene. This is also an excellent means to promote the use of hand sanitizers. If you want to teach healthy hygiene habits to people you know, then set an example yourself. By sanitizing your hands mindfully from time to time, you will be much less prone to falling ill. You will also prevent getting seasonal diseases like flu.
- Although washing hands is quite effective for killing microbes, it’s not the best option for you if you care about water conservation. Hand sanitizers, on the other hand, don’t require the use of water to sanitize. These alcohol-based sanitizing agents evaporate after you rub them onto your hands, leaving a pleasant fragrance. This is especially beneficial when you have no access to water. So sanitizers are a must for people on the go.
- Also, you don’t need tissue papers or cotton to apply your hand sanitizer. So, you can avoid wastage of resources by opting for this beautiful product.
- Sanitizers are just perfect for group settings. Places that receive heavy footfalls like classrooms and workplaces generally serve as a breeding ground for pathogens. These are also the places from which germs spread easily and rapidly. And that is why it is essential to have a hand sanitizer with you in a group setting. Office workers, students, and educators- should all take this advice seriously. They should not head out of their homes without a bottle of hand sanitizer in their bag. Gyms and other such public places can also make you sick. After all, general properties are touched by all sorts of people. And when you feel the surfaces of such properties, you expose yourself to germs. So, it’s essential that you mandatorily clean your hands with a hand sanitizer after visiting public places.
- What we need to do on a day-to-day basis can also expose us to a lot of germs. Going to the market is one of these things, but sadly you can’t avoid your market trips. Items you see stocked along the supermarket aisles have more germs on them than you can imagine. After all, people come and touch them with their bare hands at all times. And that is why when you go shopping, it’s essential to take your hand sanitizer along. Sanitize your hands immediately after you leave a shop. And turn this into a habit to have your gloves on when you head out for shopping.
How to use hand sanitizers for cent percent effectiveness?
To make sure that your hand sanitizer does its job perfectly, you need to use it properly. Without using your sanitizer the right way, you won’t be able to get rid of harmful microbes on your hands, at least not entirely. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your sanitizers are maximum effective-
- To reap the most significant benefits out of your hand sanitizer, use its correct quantity. Apply the sanitizer onto the skin in such a way that every part of your hands gets coated thoroughly. And when we say every aspect, we also include the back of your hands and the inside of your nails.
- The second important thing to remember is that hand sanitizers won’t work correctly if you don’t apply them the right way. You should rub the sanitizer over your hands thoroughly so that no residue is left. Take some time and keep rubbing until you notice that the fluid has evaporated entirely.
- It’s also important to know when the right time to use a hand sanitizer is. Hand sanitizers are meant for killing pathogens. So, there is no point using it when your hands are covered in grease, dust, or dirt. When your hands are so dirty, it’s better to wash them with soap and water. Sanitizers are not the best cleaning agent for filthy hands because the grime and dirt on your hands prevent the sanitizer from working effectively by contacting the skin.
Is it safe to use hand sanitizers?
Most hand sanitizers come with heavy alcohol content. And this causes people to worry about the safety of their usage. Thankfully, sanitizers are tried and tested products and are meant for human use. And despite their heavy alcohol content, they cause no harm to your skin. Yes, your hands might become a little dry or rough upon repeated use, but nothing that needs worrying.
Which is the best hand sanitizer out there on the market?
Due to the ongoing pandemic, a lot of brands have come up with hand sanitizing products. Although most of them are effective, the effectiveness is guaranteed by the amount of alcohol present. So, check the label of the product and find out the percentage of alcohol in it. Generally, it is prescribed to go for sanitizing products having 60% to 70% of alcohol. And so, for the best results, you can go for No Scars hand sanitizer. It’s a great formula that claims to kill 99.9% of germs, offering you maximum protection against diseases.