Each of us has had scars once in a lifetime. Some scars have bad memories, and some remain a happy memory for the rest of our life. Being a parent, you cannot see your kid crying with pain due to a fall or injury, but a kid scar is unavoidable and part of growing up. Nevertheless, if hidden, a scar does not create as much worry as a visible scar all the time. In some instances, these scars can cause a lot of embarrassment and even a lack of confidence. When we talk of scarring in kids, it is something that happens most of the time. Kids being active and energetic are always running, playing, and moving around, and therefore chances of getting hurt and further scarring are much higher. As parents, apart from saving them from falling, all we can do is find the best methods of getting rid of these scars. One can go for natural remedies and even over the counter good scar removal cream and ointments, just like the no scars cream, which has been proven to give results without any side effects.
To know if there is any solution for scar removal and if so, what is it? The main thing we need to know first is what a scar is?
A scar is nothing but a way by which the skin heals itself from an injury. It is usually a patch that is a pale pink, silvery, or brown colour, and it often grows where one must have got a cut, sore, or scrape. One may have had a scar for surgery, a fall, or even a fight. It is when the second layer of your skin, known as the dermis, gets damaged, and the collagen fibres are formed by the body to repair the damage, and this is when a scar is formed. One should never forget that a scar is a sign that shows the world that this is what I have been through, and there is nothing that should make you feel wrong about it.
Can You prevent a scar?
The most obvious way in which you can prevent a scar is by avoiding a wound in the first place, and for that, one can only take preventive measures like wearing helmets of knee pads or some protective wear, but with kids, there is still a chance of them getting hurt. If your kid gets hurt, you could take steps to either prevent it or reduce it. The skin would heal slowly and automatically as a part of the healing process. The only thing you need to be careful of is covering the wound and protecting it from any bacteria or germ. Also, never pick the wound as picking would tear the collagen and give way to bacteria for growing.
A prevailing ideology with the doctors is that intake of citrus fruits just as oranges would speed up the healing process and get rid of the old skin. Vitamin E is a great way too. One could even make use of a good scar removal cream.
Scars can be of several types.
- Atrophic scar: This type of scar is usually associated with tissue loss, looking depressed, or even flat against the skin’s top layer. They typically have dark pigmentation and are typical results of acne or chickenpox.
- Keloid scar: When the skin aggressively heals itself and overproduces tissue, it results in keloid scars. These are raised, thick in appearance, and dark in most cases compared to other skin parts. These sorts usually grow beyond the area where one has been injured.
- Hypertrophic Scar: When the skin forms excessive tissues for healing a wound, a scar-like this one is formed. This scar does not usually grow outside of the injured part.
- Contracture Scars: When a large area of the skin is damaged, which could be due to an injury, a scar-like this is formed. These scars are most likely to be shiny, tight, and they even restrict movement.
Some home remedies that you could try are
Even though this may sound very disheartening, the truth is that a scar can never entirely go, but yes, it can be made light over time. Specific home remedies that have helped individuals much are under:
- Aloe Vera: All you need to do is look for the flat side of the aloe leaf and cut open this dark side. Once you have done that, you could scoop out this wonder gel and apply it directly to the wound. Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash off. It is said repeating this process twice every day could show great results.
- Vitamin E: The market has several options of vitamin e oil, in for or tubes, and even capsules. One can directly puncture a capsule and apply it to the wound.
- Honey: One of the most natural healers that we have known for a very long time is honey. One could apply honey to the wound, wrap it overnight, and continue this someday to see great results.
- Coconut Oil: This one is among the most commonly used methods that have great results. Applying this oil each day would hydrate the wound and prevent it from forming a scar.
- Lemon: The juice of a lemon is very high in vitamin c content, and vitamin c is fantastic for lighting. When applied directly to the skin and washed with cold water, it leads to great results.
- Some of the other things that one can try are Apple cider, Vinegar, Lavender, Olive oil, Potato, Lemon, Rosehip oil, and even Baking Soda.
Even though we understand that one would try these home remedies first, some really good scar removal cream for kids is available in the market. The best part of these is selecting an all-natural variant and having most of the above ingredients already included. A product that has been in the market for a long time now and is a favourite among the parents is No Scars Cream. This cream is safe for both adults as well as kids.
No scars Cream is a product that is made of mainly three components, namely
- Hydrocodone– which inhibits melanin production and has impressive antioxidant properties
- Tretinoin– increases collagen production and thereby treats and reduces the appearance of any marks or scars
- Mometasone – reduces inflammation
With these great ingredients, it is believed that results could be seen as early as two weeks! But, one should never forget that the results depend upon the skin’s condition and majorly how consistently you used the product.