Have you recently come across a family member or friend developing pimples on their face? Worried about developing them on your face! Perhaps you want to know how to prevent pimples from forming or the pimple marks that may be left on your skin. You may want to know the different natural ways to prevent pimples or pimple marks from forming on your skin.
What is a pimple?
Pimple or acne as it is known is termed to be a skin disorder, which occurs in almost every person, be it a male or female. It can also result in blemishes of different types. It may include blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. Fortunately, several natural techniques and methods are using which you can keep pimples at bay.
Factors contributing to the development of acne
There are generally four factors that have been identified by dermatologists, considered to be the reason for acne development. These are as follows:
- The build-up of dead skin cells, thus clogging the skin pores.
- Excess oil production by the skin, thereby clogging skin pores.
- Bacteria present named P. Acnes (Propionibacterium acnes) within the skin pores.
- Skin inflammation, thus resulting in redness of the skin.
The qualified and experienced dermatologist or doctor will be able to identify the factor or multiple factors that may behind the development of acne. You can check out the different treatment & prevention methods to prevent and eliminate pimples and acne. Whatever be the cause, there is present a treatment. But always opt for natural treatment since your skin is sensitive, especially your facial skin and is prone to get damaged and harmed if chemicals are used.
Tips to protect your skin from acne
Following the given below tips will help reduce the volume of breakouts and also safeguard your skin from acne. You can also use soap for scars to remove scars and acne from your skin.
- Avoid harsh scrubbing: Many may use rough washcloths or cloth pads to scrub their skin. It is likely to irritate the skin region where the cloth is scrubbed, thus forming inflammation. It only makes acne breakouts to become worse. You need to use a gentle cleanser and apply it to your region using a soft brush or clean hands. This can help avoid pimples from developing.
- Wash twice daily your face: It is quite natural for dirt and dust to accumulate on your face as you go out. A dirty face is likely to develop acne. Hence, it becomes important to eliminate excess oil and dirt from the skin. For this, you need to wash your skin regularly. You may use warm water and mild natural cleanser from top companies like No Scars. After washing, apply an oil-free moisturizer to keep your sky soft, supple, and smooth. Regular moisturizer application also ensures that your skin does not get dry. You need to keep in mind that over-washing the face region will only result in dryness of the skin. This will again aggravate pimple development.
- Do not pick or pop at pimples: You may find it tempting to pop and squeeze the pimples. This is something that you should refrain from. The reason is that doing so results in scarring and inflammation. You may use a natural topical cream to reduce blemishes. However, to derive the desired results from this cream, it might take some time. But it will work from inside your skin and will prevent the development of new pimples.
- Keep hair clean: You may use hair oil in excess, which might flow over to your skin. This will only worsen acne. Hence, you need to use oil in an appropriate amount and also wash your hair regularly. This will prevent acne development, especially close to your hairline. Moreover, avoid using products like hair spray or gel on your face. It will only clog the skin pores, resulting in breakouts.
- Discuss with your health care practitioner about hormone pills: Acne can be prevented with birth control pills. It can help regulate your body hormones which are considered to be the main cause for acne breakouts to become worse. But these pills do come with side effects and hence, you need to consult the doctor before taking them. You can also use a medication named Spironolactone used commonly to cure high blood pressure. However, it also comes with side effects. The ideal solution here will be to use natural creams that are offered by the top companies like No Scars.
- Topical treatments: You can come across several OTC products to treat acne like serums and creams. These products are generally used to treat acne breakouts in specific areas of your body. Some of the problem areas that are affected commonly with acne problems are:
You may choose scar reducing Soap from the reputed and well-established company like No Scars for effective acne treatment. It is also completely safe to be used by both men and women.
- Use sunscreen lotion while going outside in the sun: Excess heat from the sun is likely to result in the skin experiencing damaging effects. Sunburn also results in oil being produced in excess to make the acne situation worse. You need to use oil-free sunscreen having at least 15 protection factors to avoid exacerbated acne and sunburns.
- Reduce foods that may cause acne breakouts: Healthcare experts are still unsure of the association between acne and food. But a good number of researches conducted have shown that there are certain foods which might trigger this issue in some people. Such foods are stated to be those which have a high glycaemic index. They may simply worsen acne or increase the chances of developing more. Avoid foods that have plenty of carbohydrates and sugar. Few examples include the following:
- Dairy products like skim milk
You can also reduce a specific food group and find out if your skin condition improves.
- Do not use oil-based skincare products: Such products have oil in them which when used will only clog the pores of the skin. These are created to be used on mature or dry skin as such skin types will not have much natural oil. The products sold in the market and not containing oil are likely to be labeled ‘non-comedogenic’. Also do not touch cooking oils and household grease as it can clog the skin pores.
- Reduce stress: These days, people of all ages including teenagers and children are found to stress a lot. This can be due to their pressure in studies, demands of life, and at work and other reasons. Whatever be it, stress is likely to cause inflammation, thus causing acne breakouts to become worse. There are present a few ways by which you can reduce stress and prevent acne formation:
- Performing yoga
- Engaging in favorite hobbies & extra-curricular activities
- Spending quality time going outside and enjoying nature
- Relaxing a bit before hitting bed like taking a bath or reading
To prevent pimple formation and to eliminate pimple marks, you can use No Scars products that are authentic, organic, and affordable.