There are many skin problems that we hate, and dry skin is one of them. Dry skin is a skin condition in which the most superficial layer of our skin, known as the epidermis, lacks the appropriate amount of water. This layer is composed mainly of protein and fats. It is not a gender-specific problem, and older people are more prone to it. Apart from our face, areas such as hands, arms, and lower legs are more affected by dry skin. The amount of water retained in our skin is greatly affected by the temperature and humidity in the environment. There are many causes of dry skin, and today we are going to talk about them. We will also suggest some of the home remedies to you for curing dry skin issues. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
Types of dry skin
The condition in which our skin gets extremely dry is known as Dermatitis. There are different kinds of Dermatitis:
- Contact dermatitis: This is the skin condition when it reacts to something which it touches, which causes localized inflammation to it. This contact dermatitis gets irritant when your skin gets exposed to something having an irritating chemical agent. Allergic contact dermatitis is another condition that occurs when your skin gets exposed to something to which it is allergic.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: This is a condition that occurs when your skin starts producing much oil. It leads to a scaly and red rash on your skin and scalp. This type of skin condition is more prevalent in infants.
- Atopic Dermatitis: This is another skin condition also known as eczema. It is a horrible skin condition under which dry, scaly patches appear on your skin. Such a type of condition is more common in children.
Causes of dry skin
There are many causes of dry skin, and the major ones are discussed below: –
- Heat: One of the most common causes which lead to dry skin is exposed to heat. Using the wood-burning stoves, fireplaces, and space heaters regularly can result in dehydrated skin.
- Weather: Skin tends to get dry more in winters when the level of humidity is generally low. But if you live in a region where it is normal to have a hot climate, then seasons may not matter for you.
- Harsh soaps and detergents: Nowadays, most of the soaps available in the market are harsher on the human skin. People usually buy them believing that such soaps help keep their skin healthy, but instead, these harmful soaps strip moisture from their skin. These soaps are emulsifiers that remove the essential oils from the skin.
- Hot showers and baths: Another cause of making your skin dry may be taking long hot baths and showers. Hot water, just like heat, extracts the moisture from the skin and makes it dry and patchy. That’s the reason why people usually start feeling itching on their bodies after taking hot showers.
- Other causes: People with extreme skin conditions such as psoriasis or Dermatitis are also prone to dry skin. Moreover, choosing the wrong or inappropriate moisturizers for your skin may also lead to more dried skin. Dry skin may also be caused due to some of the medications, such as blood pressure, allergy, or acne medications. Another cause of dry skin which you may avoid is ageing and malnutrition in the human body.
Remedies for a dry skin
Many remedies can be used to get rid of dry skin. These remedies are discussed below:
- Avoid hot water usage: Taking a bath with hot water or hot showers should be avoided to escape from the extreme situations of dry skin. Instead, cold water or water having room temperature should be used for bathing due to other health benefits.
- Keeping the shower timeless: If you are taking long showers, your skin will tend to lose the moisture it needs to retain even with the cold water. Thus, instead of taking long showers, you should take a shower or bath of almost 8-10 minutes.
- Using appropriate moisturizers: One should apply moisturizer immediately after taking a bath or shower. Also, it should be taken care of that you use a good quality moisturizer instead of using an inferior quality product. Otherwise, you could be damaging your skin instead of benefitting it.
- Pat rather than rubbing with a towel: After taking a bath or shower, it is suggested to pat your skin rather than rubbing it with your towel as it will reduce the chances of your skin getting dry. Rubbing the skin also damages the skin and may leave scars on the area rubbed.
- Drinking plenty of water: It is always suggested to drink plenty of water for a person dealing with the problem of dry skin. Taking water in plenty keeps your skin cells hydrated and prevents your skin from getting dry.
- Using indoor humidifiers: Using indoor room humidifiers increases the humidity in your houses and reduces your skin’s chances of dryness. Keeping these humidifiers in your living room and bedroom impacts the quality of your skin.
- Avoiding exposure to chemicals: To prevent your skin from getting dry, you should avoid doing tasks that involve exposure to any chronic chemical compound such as bleach. Such chemicals not only make skin dry but also result in many chronic diseases.
- Using rubber gloves: If you will indulge in work in which you have to expose your hands to water, it is better to use rubber gloves because keeping your hands more in water will make them dry.
- Using a moisturizing soap: If you want to protect your skin from getting dry, it is suggested to use a moisturizing soap instead of using chemical-laden soaps that are harsh on your skin. Many good quality moisturizing soaps are available in the market, which you can use for keeping your skin moisturized and healthy.
No scars- Best skin moisturizing soap
Skin is one of our most important body parts as it covers our whole body and is the most prominent part of others. Thus, keeping this body part healthy is very important. To keep our skin healthy, one needs to maintain proper skin hygiene and choose the best products in terms of quality. No Scars moisturizing soap is one of the best quality soaps available in the market. One thing that makes it different from many of the chemical-laden soaps in the market is that it is created from all the natural ingredients known to keep the human skin in its best health condition.
Regular use of No Scars moisturizing soaps keeps your skin soft and glowing and prevents dryness. Glycerine and Aloe Vera make it the perfect skin nourishing soap. Glycerine is the most moisturizing liquid globally, thus keeping the skin in a well-hydrated situation. Aloe Vera helps eliminate the early signs of ageing, such as wrinkles and fine lines. It tightens the skin and regular use of this soap results in a long-term effect. Moreover, it contains cocoa fatty acid, which soothes the skin and nourishes our skin with many enriched proteins, thus keeping our skin in the best possible condition. This is one of the best moisturizing soaps.