No one can deny the fact that this pandemic has led to many changes in the day-to-day working of humans from wearing masks all the time when you are in public places to sanitizing hands more frequently. This is a big hello to the new normal life. Nowadays, the safety of the person depends upon him as to how many safety measures he is taking every day. There is an increase in demand for sanitizers and masks in the market. Many companies have come up with these essential items. The person can easily get foam-based hand sanitizer or gel-based sanitizer in the market. He can go with the one he wants.
There are various important things that people have to be aware of about hand sanitizers. Let’s have a look at them.
- The technique of hand sanitizing matters: Yes, it is right that the way the sanitizer is used also matters. Take a recommended amount of sanitizer on your palm and distribute it evenly on your hands. Pay special attention to your fingertips, because this is the part of the body that touches a lot of things. Continue to rub the sanitizer in between your palms for at least 20 seconds. This is how the sanitizer will work most effectively and will kill almost all the bacteria that will cause infection.
- Hand sanitizers kill germs but do not clean hands: Many people are in faith that using hand sanitizers frequently will kill the germs as well as clean your hands. But this is not true, the hand sanitizers can kill almost all the germs that can be on your hands. But if the person wants to keep them clean, then they have to wash the hands properly with water and soap. Using sanitizers will keep your hands germ-free but not clean.
- Not all hand sanitizers are equal: It has been concluded in the study of CDC, that to kill all the germs that cause infection, the sanitizer needs to have at least 60% of alcohol in it. Any sanitizer that is having less content of alcohol in it will not work properly. Even some sanitizers have benzalkonium chloride instead of alcohol. Even that sanitizers working won’t be as effective as alcohol-based sanitizers.
- Sanitizers are better than washing hands with soap and water: Washing the hands with a bar of soap and water is the best way to maintain the hygiene of the hands. But there are certain situations when the person is not in the state to go to the sink and wash hands. In that situation using hand sanitizers is the best way out. It is seen that whenever you go to visit a person in the hospital, there are sanitizers placed right next to them so that the person can sanitize their hands first and then meet the person because their immune system can be weak.
- Hand sanitizers are dangerous: Yes. The hand sanitizers can be toxic if ingested by any person, especially children. It can create a sort of irritation in the lining of the throat and can cause gastrointestinal issues. Even a very small amount of sanitizer can cause the problem. So, the medical experts recommend using them on your hands. In case any person does that, he should be immediately taken under medical observation. Even keep in mind that alcohol-based hand sanitizers are highly inflammable. So it is better to safely store them and keep them away from the source of ignitions.
- Homemade sanitizers are ineffective: When there was a shortage of sanitizers in the market, then people come up with homemade recipes for making sanitizers. Even they are very effective too if made with proper ingredients and mixture. Any ingredients if used more than the required quantity can cause skin burns.
- Cleaning products are not a substitute for hand sanitizers: There are many disinfectant sprays and anti-bacterial cleaning wipes available in the market. Using them instead of hand sanitizer will not serve the purpose, rather it can cause can another issue. The use of these things is not good for human skin. No doubt, it is very important to use them to clean the surroundings. You should understand the difference between cleaning the floor with disinfectant liquid and hands. These both are different things, so two separate things will be used to clean them.
So this is some of the important information that people must know about sanitizers as they have become the most important part of life. All the benefits that they provide to the person making them very important. So let’s have a look at their benefits.
- Waterless: Using sanitizers is a water-less process. You can easily use sanitizer anywhere you want. For this, you don’t need to rush to the sink to wash your hands. Just take an adequate number of sanitizers in your palm. Evenly apply all over your hands and rub it for at least 20 seconds and you are good to go.
- Kills microorganisms: It is quite common that your hands might have some virus or bacteria on them that can further cause any health issue to the person. In such a case, the use of sanitizer is very important, as it will kill all the microorganisms living on the surface of the hand. So, there is no scope for any sort of infection.
- Portable: You can carry a bottle of hand sanitizers anywhere you want. But you cannot carry soap because to wash hands with soap you require water too. Just keep a sanitizer bottle handy and use them as and when required. Nowadays, it is seen that sanitizer bottles are kept at the entrance of every public place.
- Good for sensitive skin: Many a time it is seen that some people’s hands are allergic to some soaps. So in such a case, the use of sanitizers becomes very important. It has all the ingredients that will be good for the skin and might not cause can any rash.
- Shareable: Sharing your soap with another person might not be hygienic but there is no such problem with hand sanitizers. You can easily share your hand sanitizers with fellow people in the office or any public place.
In nutshell, it can be concluded that the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers is a very effective measure that should not be missed by any person at the time of the pandemic. Even one of the reputed ayurvedic company No Scars have come up with their hand sanitizer that contains 70% of Iso Propyl rubbing alcohol. This will help the person to fight against the infection-causing bacteria and kill them. The use of this hand sanitizer will boost the immunity of the person. Because of the alcohol content in it, it is highly inflammable and avoids contact with the eyes. Even it has all the other ingredients that will keep your hands well moisturized. Even the other products of No Scars like No Scars Cream, face wash, and soap are very effective. Many dermatologists recommend using these products, in case you are facing some major issues related to the scars. The ayurvedic ingredients in it will help to get the best and long-lasting results.