The neem tree in India is considered to be sacred as its every part is found to have a therapeutic cure and practiced for ages in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha medicines. In most of the natural beauty products, neem can be found to be among the main ingredients used. It is effective enough to nurture the hair and the skin.
It is also known as Azadirachta Indica or Indian lilac. This popular herb finds great use in homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines. This excellent herb is used to treat different types of ailments due to its medicinal and healing properties. Neem does come with numerous beauty benefits like face wash and hence, has been termed rightly as a gift of nature. Its color varies from dark brown to yellowish and greenish-brown to reddish or bright red to golden brown. In taste, it is extremely bitter. The neem leaf can be termed to be a natural herb that has the power to solve many skin related problems. It is also called ‘wonder leaf’. Using neem in different forms, it is possible to have healthy, glowing skin. A common process to use the herb will be to grind its leaves and prepare a paste. The leaves are to be dried to create a powder. Then add some water to form a paste. There are easily available creams, face washes, soaps, and oils in the market made from this miracle ingredient including the much popular no scars neem extract face wash.
Some benefits of neem
- Treating skin problems: Neem from ancient times is being used widely as a useful and effective remedy to treat many conditions like psoriasis, acne, eczema, and other skin related problems.
- Scabies: Neem is used as a face wash and is a wonderful alternative to treating scabies symptoms. This ailment occurs because of mite infestation. Sarcoptes scabiei tends to penetrate the skin and feeds on blood. It causes itching symptoms. This problem can be eliminated by using neem and to remove painful symptoms such as itching and inflammation, keep the skin smooth, and reduce skin redness. Neem leaves are to be soaked for about 15-20 minutes in the bath combined with a spoonful of liquid soap. After taking bath, neem-based cream/lotion is to be applied to the infection area to soothe the developed symptoms. Neem can also be used as a face wash.
- Eczema: Dermatitis, as Eczema is also known, is considered to be a common inflammatory skin related disorder producing various types of symptoms like redness, excessive itching, dryness, weeping, and skin cracking, thereby causing secondary infections. People generally facing such conditions are noticed to scratch the infected area, only to spread further the issue and worsen the condition, thereby causing the same to ooze, spreading to other regions. With the condition being termed as hereditary, no exact cure is present for eczema. However, its symptoms can be managed effectively. Anti-inflammatory substances are present in neem face wash like Nimbin and Nimbin that provide that soothing feeling to eczema. Neem also has Quercetin that boosts the response of the body towards inflammation. It is achieved by restricting production as well as releasing irritants within the body. Plenty of essential Vitamin E and fatty acids are present in neem that restores the skin’s protective barriers, safeguards moisture loss, and heals dry and cracked skin. It does have amazing antiseptic properties that are good for the skin and protects it from secondary skin and bacterial infections. To allow skin hydration, some neem is to be added to the bathwater and a neem-based location is to be applied on moist skin after bath. Neem face wash is proven to be good for eczema and combat irritating symptoms. It does not damage the skin or create those unwanted nasty side effects.
- Herpes: It is a genital or oral condition caused due to infection of herpes simplex virus also called HSV2 or HSV1. Symptoms like blisters and itchy painful sores are produced. Unlike other skin conditions, it does not come with any fix it all cure. Rather, constant treatment will be necessary to mask all symptoms. Neem boasts of having antihistamine and antiviral properties which can provide relief to the lesions as well as ease symptoms. Neem face wash is to be applied to blisters, thereby accelerating the healing process. It reduces the pain and burning that is experienced with this condition.
- Psoriasis: This inflammatory skin condition is chronic in nature and triggered by various environmental factors. In this case, the symptoms tend to manifest in the form of reddened, scaly, and dry skin patches combined with an extreme itching sensation. Psoriasis is rather an autoimmune disorder that produces quick skin cell development and renewal within days. But the normal process is said to take months. It leads to dead skin cell accumulation on the skin surface. Dead cells are found to grow from the skin’s outermost layers and tend to appear on the surface as silvery patches. Neem is known to possess anti-inflammatory, antihistamine, and antimicrobial substances that help to eliminate itching, pain, skin inflammation, and redness. Moreover, neem face wash helps fight bacteria that settle within broken, cracked skin. It has healing powers due to their antiseptic features.
- Skin pigmentation: It occurs mainly because of melanin being produced in excessive amounts in the skin. But melanin production can be regulated with neem and to provide the skin with a clear, smooth, and glowing look. Some neem is to be applied over the pigmented areas and gently massaged in a circular motion. It needs to be left overnight and then cleaned early in the morning.
- Fungal infections: There are several fungal infections that take place commonly on the skin surface like nail fungus, athlete’s foot, ringworm, etc. Neem face wash has excellent antifungal properties that help destroy fungi present which is held responsible for the development of fungi infections. Some drops of neem are to be placed twice or thrice in a day on the affected region. The process needs to be repeated until complete healing is achieved.
Hence, the neem face wash is found to provide the above-mentioned benefits and much more!