The nature of scars is to be enduring. A scar will be stamped for the rest of your life on your skin if you don’t do anything about it soon. Some scars make us feel proud of ourselves just like tattoos. These scars might be the result of a unique and adventurous incident where you were extremely brave and every time you see the scar you are reminded of the cool story. But when it comes to acne scars are a whole different thing. Everyone in this world has suffered from acne; some more than others. And they most probably have also experienced the scars that this acne leaves behind. Any person would be happy to say goodbye to these acne scars forever.
Here are three things that you should know about acne and their scars:
- Inflamed lesions are the main cause of acne. When the tissues are destroyed, your body is prompted to create scar tissue which is not very smooth.
- These acne scars can easily be avoided if you use the correct skincare products in a proper routine. Some methods have also been found that have been proven to remove the acne scars that you already have.
- This might be tough but it is the general rule to resist your urge to pop pimples and pick on scabs. This is the main reason for acne scarring that is permanent.
Acne scars are a skin concern and just like any other health problem you should try to prevent it rather than try and cure it. The best tool you can have for the prevention of acne scars is a good skin care regimen. Taking care of our skin comes naturally to us, but it is more complicated than that.
The core of the issue
The first thing that you need to be aware of is what causes acne scars. Typically the inflammation that is caused by a cyst, papule, lesion or pimple results in these marks. When the inflamed pores get filled up with dead skin cells, bacteria or excess oil, it caused the formation of acne which results in the scar. As the pore swells, the follicle walls break. It is quite minor if the rupture is near the surface of the skin, but a deep rupture can cause a very serious lesion. The rupture causes the infected material to spill out and this destroys the healthy skin tissues. An acne scar’s early stages are thus created.
New collagen fibers are formed in response to the repair of the broken tissues. The body sometimes produces too much collagen as the wound heals and collagen is the stuff that the scars are made of. It is a strong and flexible protein and thus it creates discolored and uneven scar tissue. The pre-injury skin that was smooth and flawless gets hidden.
How to treat them?
- Whenever the pores of our skin get filled with excess bacteria or oil, it gets inflamed. Thus the best thing to do is prevent that from happening. You have to prevent the build-up by washing your face regularly. The No Scars soap for acne scars is the best one for washing your face. It will not only prevent new scars from forming but it will also help reduce the previous ones. People with oily skin tend to have more problems with pimples, so you need to get a face wash that is suitable for oily skin. The perfect cleanser will clear your pores and allow them to breathe. The gunk that helps trigger acne will be removed thus removing the problem from its roots.
- Your acne needs to be taken care of as soon as it develops. The heavily inflamed lesions are the main reason for scarring. If you treat the acne before it gets worse, you will be helping your skin by providing tools that will help it prevent the scar from forming. You should regularly wash your face and also exfoliate it with a gentle scrub. Regular exfoliation helps in the growth of new and fresh skin cells which feel silky smooth. You can also reduce acne by using good acne cream. Acne creams that have salicylic acid are the best ones as it is the best ingredients for combating acne. Salicylic acid can clear pores effectively, but they can also be very drying, so you need to get a treatment that also has proper hydrating agents.
- One of the main things that you need to remember is that no matter how tempting your pimple looks, you are not allowed to pop it. When you pop a pimple there are more chances if the infected material to get into the deeper layers of the skin. This will aggravate the issue. The quickest and easiest way to prevent scars is not popping pimples. You should resist the urge and instead let the blemish get healed on its own.
- Other than popping pimples, you should also not pick at scabs. Picking at scabs is just like popping pimples, they seem satisfying at first, but eventually, they will worsen the condition. The issue will only get aggravated and the formation of the scar will become inevitable. The scab is a natural protection that your body provides while your wounds get healed. If you pick at a scab, you are intentionally delaying the healing process. This also increases the chances of the formation of a scar.
Consult with a dermatologist
There are various types of skincare products that can help remove acne scars easily and are also available without a prescription. But for worst-case scenarios where the scars are quite stubborn, you might need to consult with a good dermatologist. Your doctor will be able to understand the condition much better and suggest your products that will work best for your skin and treat it as fast as possible. More intensive treatments are also available like facial fillers and laser resurfacing which can remove even the most stubborn scars. When you suffer from deep breakouts and large cysts, your best option is to consult with an experienced dermatologist.