Skin problems these days are very much frequent in people. These not only influence a person’s appearance but also impact his mental health to some extent. This is because not only a person’s skin is affected by skin problems, but it makes people more conscious about their skin and also adversely affects their self-confidence. This is the reason why they cause more harm than perceived by people. Dry skin is one such problem. It makes our skin look excessively dull and chappy which makes it unattractive and people find it difficult to face others with such skin problems. If you are one of those persons, then don’t worry as we are here. In this article, we will help you by discussing the major causes of dry skin, so that you can identify yours in order to tackle the issue more effectively. We will also be discussing some major remedial measures to deal with this problem and will also suggest glycerine soap for the face which can be used for dealing with dry skin. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Know what actually the issue of dry skin is
Dry skin is an uncomfortable skin condition. It can be understood as the lack of hydration in the most superficial layer of our skin, known as Epidermis. Dry skin problems occur to both males and females equally, however, it is more prevalent in the old people. This is because older people tend to lose the natural skin oils from their skin, which causes dryness to their skin. Some of the major symptoms of the dry skin are cracking, small flakes and dry patches on the skin. Some people may also feel itching in the dry area of the skin.
Types of dry skin
When the human skin gets extremely dry, then it is called Dermatitis. Following are the major types of dermatitis:
- Contact dermatitis: This is the condition of dry skin which normally happens because of the contact of the skin with something which causes localized inflammation. When your skin gets exposed to an irritating chemical substance, then it may result in irritant contact dermatitis.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This happens when your skin produces too much of the oil. It results in a scaly and red rash, that too usually on the scalp. This condition is very common in infants.
- Atopic dermatitis: This skin condition is also known as Eczema. This is a more chronic skin condition, which makes the skin have dry scaly patches. This is more likely to happen to young children.
Major causes of the dry skin
Dry skin may happen because of more than one cause. One should know about the causes because of which he is having the problem of dry skin. Following are some of the major causes of dry skin: –
- Age: Age is one of the major factors because of which you may have the issue of dry skin. Usually, older people are more likely to have dry skin. As you go old, your skin pores start producing less of the sebum, an oily substance. This makes your skin look dry.
- Medical history: Another cause of the problem of dry skin may be the medical history of the person’s family. If you have a history of conditions like Eczema or allergic dermatitis or any of your family members, especially parents, had the same condition at any point in his life, then chances are that you will also be facing the same issue.
- Season: Dry skin is more likely to happen during the winter season or fall season. Usually, when the humidity levels are low, there are more chances of the person having dry skin. That’s why usually we don’t face the problem of dry skin during the summer.
- Bathing habits: Bathing habits of a person may also be a reason for dry skin. If a person baths too much or more frequently than normal, then chances will be that he will have dry skin. This is because over bathing sucks out all the natural oil from our skin, even that much which we need for our skin to keep it hydrated.
- Using hot water: Just like over-bathing, bathing with hot water, or using hot water to wash your face can also make your skin excessively dry. Thus, it is always suggested not to use too hot water. However, you can use lukewarm water, that too only during winters and in limited quantities.
Remedial measures for the dry skin
Following are some of the suitable remedial measures which can be taken in order to deal with the problem of dry skin: –
- Avoid over-bathing: We know that some people are habitual of taking a bath they come home even from an outing or some other work, but it should be remembered that taking too much shower can make your skin chronically dry if you don’t moisturize it every time. Even if you moisturize it every time you take a bath, the skin needs natural oils more instead of relying upon the artificial moisturizers.
If you can’t resist the urge to take a bath, then it is suggested that you can reduce your bathing time. For example, if you usually take 15-20 to take a shower, then reduce it to 10 minutes.
- Moisturize twice a day: There are plenty of good quality moisturizers available in the market which are not having harsh chemicals, which you can use to give your skin the necessary hydration. Ideally, you should moisturize your skin twice a day.
- Don’t rub your skin: Some people rub their towel forcefully on their body after taking a shower. That should not be done, instead of little force should be used enough to dry your skin out. The thing here to remember is that you should not rub it in a rough manner in order to avoid the damage to your skin. More care should be taken while drying your face after washing. It is always suggested that you should pat your face after washing.
- Keep yourself hydrated: We know that dry skin is nothing but dehydrated skin. Thus you should try to keep yourself hydrated in order to avoid the dry skin. It is suggested that you should drink at least 12-15 glasses of water a day to keep your skin in the best possible hydrated condition.
One bonus tip is also here for you, which you can use in order to tackle the problem of dry skin is using NoScars soap. This is an amazing moisturizing soap that keeps the skin hydrated, smooth and soft. Although there are a lot of moisturizing soaps available in the market, which promises many desired results, most of them are loaded with lots of harsh chemicals which gives rise to a lot of side-effects. Also, most of those products are very expensive, that’s why most of the people are not able to buy those products. But No Scars is the best glycerine soap for face made with the natural ingredients which do not leave any of the side effects on the skin and soothe skin naturally. Also, the price is very much affordable. There are lakhs of customers who have tried NoScars soap and are using it because of the amazing skin results it delivers. It has Glycerine, which is known as the most effective natural moisturizer. It helps in keeping the skin hydrated and makes it super-soft. The soap is also having the properties of Aloe-Vera, which eliminates the sign of aging and makes skin clear and tightens the skin pores. If you want the sure-shot cure of your problem of dry skin, then you should try NoScars soap at least once.