Skin problems are hated by everyone. The main reason behind this is that because they make your skin look bad, which is the most visible part of the human body. Skin problems lower the confidence of the people and their esteem. Thus, skin problems not only impacts the appearance of the person’s skin, but also influences the person’s psychological health. Oily skin is one such problem. There are a lot of people around us who are suffering from the issue of oily skin or at least have experienced it at some point in time in their life. Such people try to get rid of this problem through means like oil control facewash. If you are one of those people, who are having an issue of the oily skin, then we are here for you. In this article, we are going to discuss the causes of oily skin and some suitable measures to control this problem. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
How our skin gets oily?
We know that we are having multiple skin pores in our skin and under each of the skin pore, we are having sebaceous gland which produces the oil in our skin. Sometimes the oil production by these glands is too much, which results in the more oily skin that appears greasy and shiny.
Oily skin may lead to some other skin problems such as pimples and acne, thus you should be able to identify the main cause behind your oily skin so that you can take the remedial measures in order to control that problem.
Causes of the oily skin
There are many causes of the oily skin, some of which are discussed below: –
- Genetics: In most of the cases, the major cause of the oily skin issue may be genetic. If one of your parents is suffering from the issue of the oily skin, then the chances are that you will also be suffering from the same issue. This is because your sebaceous glands’ nature will depend upon your DNA.
- Age factor: Another main reason behind the too much of the oil or sebum production may be the age. Usually, as you age, your skin will likely produce less oil. This is the reason why in most of the cases, the aging skin loses essential proteins like collagen, due to which sebaceous glands also slow down. Because of the same reason, most of the old aged people suffer from the issue of dry skin. Also, because of the lack of collagen and sebum in old age, the fine lines and wrinkles are more visible. Thus, you may notice that with your growing age, your skin will produce oil differently.
- Your living conditions and time of the year: The place where you live and the time of the year may also have a huge impact on your skin’s oiliness. Usually, people suffer the problem of oily skin more when they are in a humid and hot climate. That’s why we face the issue of oily or greasy skin more during the summers as compared to the winters or fall season. No doubt, that’s why we are suggested to use those skincare products in summer which are less greasy as our sebaceous glands are already producing too much of the oil.
- Enlarged pores: Sometimes our skin pores get stretched out because of the weight fluctuations, age or because of the previous breakouts. These larger skin pores usually tend to produce more of the oil or sebum, which makes the skin too oily. This is a bit complex cause because you can’t just shrink your skin pores.
- Using wrong products: Another reason because of which you may be having too much oily skin may be the wrong skincare products which you are using regularly. Even if you use wrong products frequently, it may lead to excessive sebum production. People usually think that if they are having dry skin, then they should be using a skincare product meant for dry skin throughout the year, but that’s not necessary. You may have to change your daily skincare routine with the changing weather and climate.
- Skipping the moisturizer: Most of the people believe that using a moisturizer can make their skin oilier, but that’s not the case. In fact, if you are having oily skin, then instead of skipping the moisturizer, you should choose a lightweight moisturizer and most preferably a water-based moisturizer. It will be much better for oily skin. Sometimes skipping the moisturizer can make our skin dry, which makes the sebaceous glands to produce too much of the sebum, which may lead to even more oily skin than before.
Remedial measures to control the oily skin
Following are some of the most suitable remedial measures which can be taken in order to tackle the problem of the oily skin: –
- Exfoliate once in a week: Exfoliation can be used as a measure to control the problem of oily skin, if done in a limited time interval. Usually, it is suggested that the persons suffering from the oily skin should exfoliate at least once in a week, as it will help them to prevent the skin pores from clogging. There are many oil-free scrubs available in the market, especially for the persons having excessive greasy skin.
- Use Astringent: Astringent is a useful product for dealing with the oily skin issue. It helps in tightening the skin pores and also removes the excessive oil from the skin. But one thing should be remembered that the astringent contains high-level of alcohol, thus people who are having too much sensitive skin may find astringent harsh and over-drying. It is suggested that one should not use an astringent just after the exfoliation.
- Use moisturizer twice a day: You should cleanse your face daily if you really want to reduce the excessive oil in your skin and after cleansing, if you can do, use an alcohol-free toner in order to remove any impurities from your skin. Then it is an important thing to remember that you should apply moisturizer at least twice a day.
- Don’t over-wash your face: Some people, in an attempt to remove the excess oil from the skin, over wash their face. This should not be done, because the over washing the face makes the sebaceous glands more active and makes them to produce more of the sebum, which leads to the excessive oil, even more than before.
- Using the right skincare products: There are plenty of skincare products available in the market and people sometimes become confused regarding which product they should use in order to keep their skin healthy. Thus, they end up choosing a wrong product for their skin, which may impact their skin adversely and can make their skin oilier than before. Thus, it is always suggested that one should buy a skincare product after careful research at his own level.
One bonus remedial measure will also be given here. In order to get rid of your oily skin and other minor skin issues, you can use the No Scars cleaning face wash which is the best oil control facewash in India. Though there are lots of facewashes available in the market, most of them do not provide the desired results and are very expensive also. But NoScarsfacewash actually gets rid of the oily skin within the 2-3 weeks and its continuous use can deliver even better results for other skin issues also. It is having Aloe Vera extracts which helps in making skin clear and less oily. There are countless of customers who are getting benefits from this amazing product.