People of all ages develop acne and pimples. A few are reported to have developed acne on reaching their 50s! But teenagers are more prone to contract it. Although not dangerous, having lots of pimples on your face can make you feel embarrassed when in a crowd. It can also stay well into adulthood, thus making you lose your confidence.
What is acne?
It can be stated that skin inflammation developed due to clogging of the hair follicles, especially with dead cells and oils. This, in turn, causes bacterial invasion. Acne is known to evolve in different stages. Initially, it develops as blackheads/whiteheads and then later converts to papules/pustules. Later on, it takes severe forms like cystic nodules and scarring.
Its further progression can be halted effective only by identifying it early and availing appropriate, correct and timely treatment. They may appear in the form of multiple pimples, such as painful red lumps or bumps on your face region. There are also chances of their emerging in other body parts like the shoulder, back and neck. Using top scar removal Soaps will help you ultimately reduce or eliminate the scars left behind these pimples.
- Excess androgens
- Excess skin oil (sebum) production
- Sebum clogging hair follicles
- Bacterial skin invasion
Moreover, a few things might aggravate as well as contribute towards acne development like:
- Picking & touching the skin repeatedly
- Oil-based makeup
- Plenty of sweating
- A few soaps and detergents might cause acne-prone skin
- Excessive sun
If you experience pimple development due to any of the above-given aggravations, you should take immediate care to control the situation. This way, you will find improvements in less time.
Regular skincare will be essential to derive clear skin. Being consistent with this effort will allow you to enjoy the results. Many people are noticed to have started a particular regimen to clear their pimples but tend to give up within a week of following. However, selecting the most appropriate regimen and maintaining it sincerely will help your acne to clear up fast and make it manageable. Clothing or makeup will not be necessary to hide them anymore.
Acne scars and their different types
Acne or pimples might leave behind those ugly looking scars. They may appear nasty. But do not make the mistake of assuming that they are also the same. Hence, the treatments to avail to reduce/eliminate them are also different. Hence, you need to identify the type of scar you have developed and derive appropriate treatment suitable for your condition and skin. Visiting the skin specialist would ensure you get the proper treatment if the inflammation developed is beyond your control.
- Boxcar scars: In some people, scars may become much bigger and more profound. These are referred to as boxcar scars. They appear like round depressions emerging on the skin and are also wider in shape. The affected area appears like a pitted one. Damaged collagen is what causes this depression that supports the skin, thereby providing it with the shape. Such scars developing on your skin might be superficial. But in extreme cases, it could also become severe based on the amount of tissue lost.
- Ice Pick scars: Acne may cause deep scars that could be narrow, like the skin getting pierced. Thus, it has derived its name ‘Ice Pick scars. An illusion creates a hole within the skin as they could penetrate deep within the dermis. Such scars might also develop a pore. The scars may arise from any inflammation caused deep in the skin or from cyst infection. It could travel upwards towards the skin surface, resulting in a long scar appearing like a column.
- Keloid scars: These scars are found to take the shape of bumps and not depressions. They instead appear similar to a raised tissue mass on the skin and are much bigger when compared to acne. They can be found primarily in men’s torso regions. This could probably be the result of excess collagen development.
- Rolling scars: They appear on the skin like waves. The skin’s external layers get pulled from below the tissue.
What natural remedy is recommended to reduce/eliminate acne scars?
Always keep your skin cleansed for this. Use a gentle cleanser that is available easily in the market. Use only a quality product, something that suits your skin type and does not cause irritation. It should not possess fragrance or alcohol in it. You will not want alcohol to dry out the skin surface. Remember, excess drying of the skin is also likely to result in more acne development since your skin is likely to respond with excess oil production. This, in turn, will result in acne breakouts. It is not termed an ideal condition. Avoid using anything containing fragrance as it is likely to irritate as well as aggravate your sensitive and acne-prone skin. Instead, try to choose simple but highly effective remedies. You are only to cleanse the skin surface to eliminate oil and dirt from it along with your makeup.
The next thing to do is to exfoliate. This is one step that many tend to skip or perform excessively. How much to exfoliate depends entirely on the type of skin you have. Follow expert recommendations to stay safe.
- You may exfoliate every day if you possess normal skin.
- You may exfoliate 3 to 5 times a week if you possess oily or combination skin.
- You should exfoliate only once a week if you have acne-prone or sensitive or dry skin.
Performing anything else more than what is prescribed above is generally unnecessary. You need to understand that exfoliation is the process to eliminate dead skin cells, otherwise contributing to acne development. This is because skin cells could get stuck to the skin pores, thereby resulting in problems. You can enjoy overall better skin by sticking to this particular regimen and using the best soaps for acne-prone skin.
Home remedies & Acne care
- Do not apply oily creams to the affected region.
- Wash gently the affected areas two times a day.
- Do not scrub the affected region while having a bath.
- Do not pick acne with your hands or squeeze it to avoid scar development.
- Reduce consumption of skimmed milk and chocolates.
- Do not consume corticosteroids for a prolonged session.
- Avoid using astringents as they will only make your skin dry.
- Exercise regularly as your skin pores will open up resulting from sweating. This, in turn, will help reduce acne formation.
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day as it will keep your skin toxin-free and hydrated.
If you have developed excess acne on your face or any other body part, then do consult the skin specialist without any further delay. If not treated on time, it may lead to further inflammation and result in ugly looking scars. Hence, adhere to acne care guidelines offered by the specialist and select only trustworthy, organic products like No Scars that can help eliminate breakout and acne recurrence and scars significantly.