Even if you would like to forget your pimples, your face will continue to remember them in the form of scars. Whether flat or depressed, raised and red, acne scars do not get a chance against these advanced skin-smoothing treatments.
- Ice pick scars: These are very profound acne scars that appear like the skin has been pierced with an ice pick. When the body produces minimal collagen in response to an injury, depressed scars can develop. Treatment may comprise exercising the blemish with a small punch and suturing the imperfection closed. However, this only works for secluded ice pick scars. Also, skin grafting can be done by taking skin from behind the ear to fill up the scar, and then a laser is used to smooth the skin.
- Rolling scars: These scars have even edges and look like tiny valleys and hills. These are also regarded as depressed acne scars. These scars can be treated with micro-needling along with PRP or platelet-rich plasma.
- Boxcar scars are also like rolling scars, but they tend to be wider than ice picks. Each heals differently, and depressed acne develops when too little collagen is produced during wound healing. Energy-based skin resurfacing with a radiofrequency, laser, or ultrasound device can help to cure boxcar scars.
- Keloid scars: These are raised scars that can be reddish, particularly in lighter skin, and may appear pinkish in darker skin. Steroid Injections can squash keloid scars. Also, utilizing a scar-reducing treatment or silicone sheets before scars develop can help rid a keloid.
- Combination scars: This type of scar is quite common among individuals. In such cases, some scars tend to be reddish while others are pale. Laser treatments are commonly used to treat combination scars.
- Hyperpigmentation: This is discolouration or dark spot caused by acne-associated irritation. This can be treated using an acne prevention cream that contains sunblock components. The best acne scar treatment product that is available in the market is the No Scars cream. This is a well-known pigmentation reducing cream that includes three active ingredients Tretinoin, Hydroquinone, and Mometasone, which act as a team to offer anti-inflammatory benefits, slow down melanin production, and stop acne. By using this product just for two weeks, you can easily see and feel the difference. The scars will start to fade away, and at the same time, you will be able to get glowing and radiant skin.
It is important to note that some people are more at risk for acne scars than others, even though there is no proven thing to say who will develop scars and who will not. However, in most cases, it has been found that scars tend to occur more generally after inflammatory acne, mainly when it is not treated in advance and assertively.