You may think of scars as risk-free, cosmetic blemishes, but there are many causes for people to look for scar treatment. Besides aesthetics, scars can be itchy, painful, sore, and even cause ongoing anxiety, insomnia, and depression. People with visible scars lose self-esteem and may find themselves on the receiving end of social stigma. Moreover, scars can be small enough to overlook, or they can impact your life seriously.
What causes scars?
Scars take place almost every time a cut or scratch gets deep down to the dermal layer of the skin or away from it. They outline as a regular part of your body’s tissue repair. Scar tissue is made using collagen, the same fibres that jointly hold normal skin cells, and fibrin that links together like a network. The collagen fibres line up in the same track in scar tissue, making fewer supple bonds when cross-related with fibrin protein fibres.
The outcome is skin that does not look or act like non-injured skin. The colour is diverse, the feel is not as flexible, the scar is painful or itchy, and hair follicles and pores do not return. Scar tissue is poorer than healthy, unspoiled skin in several ways that you can calculate.
best scar treatments according to a dermatologist
Few dermatologists claim that scars are lasting, and it is not much you can do to take care of scars. Others believe you can fade them, and some consider you can get rid of scars completely and restore your old skin. Mentioned below are some of the well-known treatments for scars:
- Microneedling: As per a recent survey, it has been found that micro-needling along with topical creams can result in a denser epidermis in patients with scars and other skin concerns. Microneedling can also be followed by platelet-rich plasma, which is especially effective for acne scars.
- Collagen Peptides: When you are healing from anything, it is a good idea to take collagen peptides and mix them with a bit of extra vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital for your body to collect peptides into collagen fibres in your skin.
- Silicone patches: Silicone patches are one of the best treatments considered for scars. It has been proven that wearing a silicone patch for four months at night can considerably reduce scars. If the silicone patches contain vitamin E or, when used in a blend with relevant onion extract, it can prove to be all the more helpful.
- Laser treatment: This is well-established as an efficient treatment for definite types of scarring in only a few treatments.
- Enzyme therapy: Enzymes can be used successfully to fade and resolve scars. Systemic enzymes can be taken in pill form, and they can act on the whole body.
Apart from all these, another most effective scar removal treatment is to use the No Scar cream. This cream has been proven to remove scar marks effectively when used regularly.