You may think of scars as risk-free, cosmetic blemishes, but there are lots of causes people to look for scar treatment. Besides aesthetics, scars can be itchy, painful, sore, and even cause lasting issues such as anxiety, insomnia, and depression. People with visible scars lose self-esteem and may find themselves on the receiving end of social stigma. Moreover, scars can be small enough to overlook, or they can impact your life seriously.
What causes scars?
Scars take place almost every time a cut or scratch gets deep down to the dermal layer of the skin or away from. They outline as a normal part of your body’s tissue repair. Scar tissue is made using collagen, the same fibers that hold normal skin cells jointly and fibers, fibrin that links together like a network. The collagen fibers line up in the same track in scar tissue, which makes fewer supple bonds when cross-related with fibrin protein fibers.
The outcome is skin that does not look or act like non-injured skin. The color is diverse, the feel is not as flexible, the scar is at times painful or itchy, and hair follicles and pores do not come back. Scar tissue is poorer to healthy, unspoiled skin in several ways that you can calculate.
best scar treatments according to a dermatologist
Few dermatologists claim that scars are lasting and it is not much you can do to take care of scars. Others believe you can fade them, and some consider you can get rid of scars completely and restore your old skin. Mentioned below are some of the well-known treatments for scars:
- Microneedling: As per a recent survey it has been found that micro-needling along with topical creams can result in the denser epidermis in patients with scars and other skin concerns. Microneedling can also be followed by platelet-rich plasma which is especially effective for acne scars.
- Collagen Peptides: When you are healing from anything, it is a good idea to take collagen peptides, and mix them with a little extra vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital for your body to be able to collect peptides into collagen fibers in your skin.
- Silicone patches: Silicone patches are one of the best treatments considered for scars. It has been proven that wearing a silicone patch for four months at night can considerably reduce scars. In case the silicone patches contain vitamin E or when used in a blend with relevant onion extract; then it can prove to be all the more helpful.
- Laser treatment: This is well-established as an efficient treatment for definite types of scarring in only a few treatments.
- Enzyme therapy: Enzymes can be used successfully to fade and resolve scars. Systemic enzymes can be taken in pill form, and they can act on the whole body.
Apart from all these, another most effective scar removal treatment is to use the No Scar cream. This cream has been proven to remove scar marks effectively when used regularly.