For some people, scars may be regarded as marks of pride, but for others, it can be really ugly and something that they wish to eliminate. Since scars do affect your overall appearance, it might actually make you feel self-conscious. But before you try to find a remedy to eliminate that old scar, there is a genuine need to do some research about it to find out what scar is all about, the different types, etc. Equipped with valuable information, you can go ahead to fulfill your desires & have great looking, clear & smooth skin that will be appreciated by everyone around.
What is a scar?
Scars are generally caused due to injuries and are part of the natural healing process. As the skin’s second layer the dermis gets damaged, the body starts to form collagen fibers. This is to repair damage caused, thus resulting in a scar.
- Scar’s severity mostly is based upon the severity of damage or injury caused.
- In the majority of the cases, the much faster the wound heals, there is likely to be deposited less collagen amount and less noticeable scar.
- Scars do form differently. This again is based upon an injured person’s age.
- Scars can be found differently on the different body parts.
What scar types can be found?
Scars are generally present of different types, with each having well-defined characteristics. They are given below:
- Atrophic scars: Tissue loss is what characterizes this type of scar. They appear flat, serrated, or depressed against the skin’s upper layers. Often, such scars tend to come with dark skin pigmentation when compared to other skin areas. Few examples of such scar types include chickenpox scars & acne scars.
- Keloid scars: This type of scar is caused due to tissue overproduction and aggressive healing. They are rather characterized by puffy, thick & raised appearance. Moreover, they appear somewhat darker when compared to the surrounding skin areas. Keloid scars unlike that of hypertrophic scars may develop even away from the injured area of the body.
- Hypertrophic scars: Excess tissue developing over the skin is what characterizes this type of scar as it heals. But unlike that of keloid scar type, this one is not known to develop outside of the injured area. When compared to the surrounding skin area, they are generally dark in color.
- Contracture scars: Such type of scars may be caused due to damage or loss caused in large skin areas, especially from burns. Shiny, tight skin restricting movement is what characterizes such scars.
Top remedies to eliminate scars
Health & cosmetic experts claim that no such remedy is present that can make the scars to vanish completely overnight. The majority of the scars may be expected to lighten on their own with time. Natural healing advocates do believe that remedies are available which can actually speed up the healing & lightening process, thus making the scar to appear less noticeable. You can use the best scar removal facewash as it is completely safe, made from organic natural ingredients, and tested over time. Few top natural remedies to lighten scar as quickly as possible are given below:
- Aloe vera:
- Take aloe vera leaf. From its flatter side, remove dark green ‘skin’.
- Scoop out the light green clear gel.
- Apply directly this gel over your scar, but in circular motions only.
- Wash gel after 30 minutes on an application using cool, fresh water.
- Repeat the process twice daily.
- Cover scar with a layer of honey prior to hitting the bed.
- Use bandage and wrap it with a honey-covered scar.
- After application, leave the same for the night and avoid touching it.
- Remove bandage in the morning and wash off honey using lukewarm water.
- This regimen should be followed every night sincerely.
- Vitamin E:
- Take Vitamin E capsule, cut it open & squeeze the oil over the scar (Perhaps more than one capsule might be required for full coverage).
- Massage oil in circulation movement on as well as the surrounding part of the scar for around 10 minutes.
- Leave it alone for 20 minutes, after which wash it off using warm water.
- This process is better repeated at least 3 times a day to get the best results.
- Apple cider vinegar:
- Take distilled water of 4 tbsp & mix it with apple cider vinegar of 2 tbsp.
- Dip a cotton ball into this created water-cider mixture. Dab generously the mixture onto the scar.
- Allow it to dry.
- This process needs to be followed every night prior to hitting the bed.
- The next morning washes the area.
- Coconut oil:
- Take coconut oil of a few tbsp & heat it to liquefy it.
- Use this oil to a massage for around 10 minutes onto the scar region.
- Allow skin to absorb coconut oil and hence, leave it alone for an hour or so.
- Repeat the process 2-4 times daily.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut a wedge on it.
- Rub gently the lemon’s juicy side onto the scar and squeeze it onto the scar.
- Leave it alone for 10 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse the area and dry.
- Perform this practice for at the same time every day.
- Olive oil & Lavender:
- Take extra virgin olive oil of 3 tbsp & lavender essential oil of 3 drops & mix them together.
- Massage this mixture for approximately 5 minutes on the scarred area.
- Leave the oil for around 30 minutes in place.
- Use warm water to rinse the applied area.
- The process needs to be repeated at least 3 times every day.
- Frankincense & Rosehip:
- Mix frankincense essential oil & rosehip essential oil in equal parts.
- Pour the mixture onto the scar area & massage thoroughly.
- Wait for about 45 minutes. Then use warm water to rinse the area.
- This procedure needs to be repeated 3 times a day.
- Slice potato to thick, medium round.
- Rub potato slice on the scar in a circular motion.
- As potato slice dries out, avoid using it and use another slice to continue rubbing.
- Continue rubbing. Then replace the same for approximately 20 minutes. Allow scar to air dry for around 10 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse the area.
- This procedure should be repeated a minimum once a day.
- Baking soda:
- Take distilled water and mix little at a time into a baking soda of 2 tbsp until a paste is formed.
- Use distilled water and wet scar and apply the paste on the wet scar.
- Now, hold paste in its place for 15 minutes with a warm compress.
- Rinse the area. Repeat the process daily.
However, prior to applying any of the above-mentioned remedies, you need to wash & dry scar including its surrounding area thoroughly. But the remedies need to be used to lighten up the scars & not on open wounds. If you feel the sensation of irritation on using any of the above remedies, then stop it immediately.
You can always trust in no scars face facewash product to lighten your scar and ensure it is done in a safe and easy manner.